With support from NIEA’s NGO Challenge Fund we are delighted to announce that CCGHT have partnered with the Western Education and Library Board’s Magilligan Field Centre and the Geological Survey of Northern Ireland to develop an ‘Exploring Geodiversity’ course for KS3 and KS4 Geography, Geology and Science Teachers.
This exciting and fully funded 3-day course aims to:
- Promote an awareness of the geodiversity of Northern Ireland with particular emphasis on the Causeway Coast and Glens Heritage Trust area and the need for a geoconservation approach to its use and management.
- Promote an interest in geoscience among teachers
- Inspire and empower teachers to develop fieldwork opportunities for earth science students through the development of fieldwork skills and an awareness of fieldwork issues including Health & Safety
- Highlight the availability of fieldwork study sites in the area whilst emphasising the need for a sustainable approach to their use
- Gain practical experience in Outdoor Learning curriculum opportunities
Please see below for a course overview and application form.
- There are 10 spaces available for current (in post) KS3/4 Geography, Geology or Science teachers from across Northern Ireland.
- Minibus pick-up is available from Bellarena (20th, 26th February) and Coleraine (21st February 2014) train stations if pre-arranged with Magilligan Field Centre
- All teaching staff cover, meals and travel expenses are included
- Application forms are available to download from either http://cass.welbni.org/mfc or http://www.ccght.org
- Closing date & time for applications 31st January 2014 at 15.00hrs
- Course queries to Liz Wallace email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 777 50234
- Application forms returned to Andrew Bratton Andrew@ccght.org
- Exploring Geodiversity applicants will be selected by CCGHT
For more details or to download an application form please click the following links: